Things I've Learned...... in the past 3 days at work:
1. I may not always be right, but gosh darn it, I'm not always wrong either. The "expert" or "senior" can be wrong and you can't take their word for it. You have to check up on them, too.
2. After getting beaten up about 3 times, the whopping of the same intensity is not all that bad the 4th time and it's nearly non-existent the 5th time and onwards.
3. You can develop a thick skin in a 3-month period.
4. Divas should leave their diva-ness at the doorstep at home. I need you to work, damnit, not tell me what to do while rolling your eyes.
5. I learned what type of boss I will be and will NOT be.
6. Patience is definitely key.
7. You must treat people with respect. No need to rush.
8. But you do need to be firm sometimes.
9. Finesse is a wonderful quality.
10. When idiots are talking (and yes, idiots do exist), don't waste your time absorbing what they are saying.
11. When you know that you kick ass, and you're quiet about it, people tend to respect you more.
12. Slightly unrelated, but, don't buy a house with a guy unless you two are married.
13. "Thank you" with a smile will gain a lot of results.
14. Never compare yourself to others... you're always going to lose that game.
15. If you see something that someone else is doing, and it works, and it benefits everyone, go ahead, copy it and watch results just flourish.
16. Don't ever be afraid of being yelled at-- that stifles your creativity, you ability to think and your ability to get things done. If someone makes you feel that way, you've got to reflect as to why you are giving them so much power. Once you realize that they are human, do what you've got to do.